Tuesday 13 October 2009

Fitness sucks....

So Jack and I got new bikes today...well, not new....I fear they may be subject to more than the usual wear and tear whilst he learns to ride it so second-hand is good enough for now. Now I appreciate it may not be the easiest thing to do, but apparently I was expecting too much to think he could sit on it without toppling over!

As for me, once you can ride a bike you never forget, right? My arse! To be fair I got the hang fairly smart-like, though how long my buttocks will tolerate being astride a 2 inch strip of rubber....who knows.

And the running... never has the saying '3 steps forward, 2 steps back' been more appropriate. Thought I was making good progress a few weeks back but my dream of running in a proper race seems mighty far off. So jealous of my running friends...seems so natural to them and yet I have to think about every step...and breath. Never thought breathing would be such a chore...how can breathing not feel natural??

So that's where I am now...off for a run in a mo, bike ride tomorrow, chaffed arse cheeks by Friday. It's good to have something to look forward to x

No comments:

Post a Comment